MSI installer for KDE4

mimoune djouallah mimoune.djouallah at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 15:30:52 CEST 2008

hi
> This is implemented in version 0.9.3 of the installer by either
>
> A. applying a command line parameter says running
> Kdewin-installer-gui-0.9.3 file:///<drive>:<path>

cooooooool, it works like a charm
Or
> B. by entering the same url in the download server settings dialog.
It works only if u have a net connection ;) otherwise you get warning
dialogue (check your proxy, or kde-installer.log)
It would be perfect if you add an option for local installation with a
dialogue box to choose the repository where kde binaries are located
(it make sense to be defaulted to where kde-installer is launched)
For me personally kdewin-installer0.9.3 is providing all what I need,
but for my ms windows friends without any knowledge about kde, they
are scared about command line arguments (ok many of them have never
used cmd before) and they expect point and click installer
Friendly yours