KDE localized build

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Tue Apr 8 14:14:01 CEST 2008

Christian Ehrlicher schrieb:
>> Von: Ralf Habacker

>> tracks,)

>>> See
>>>
>> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/kdesupport/emerge/portage/testing/l10n-kde4/
>>
>>> It needs some fixes and Ralf also wanted to create a python script
>>>
>> instead using msys/shell to create the packages (which is painfull slow even on
>> my new machine).
>>

>>> Ralf, any news on this?
>>>

>> currently no it worked for me well using the cygwin sh and I'm not sure
>> if a python script would make it much faster. The main time is needed
>> for scanning the directories.
>>
> I really think it would make sense. File operations (despite all others) are the slowest part in msys/cygwin. You can see the problem when running ./configure in such a shell.

Which runs on cygwin much faster as on msys because of cygwin1.dll's
internal caching :-)  This is why I had taken the cygwin sh.
> I did not test further because it was to slow and I was tired of waiting.
> I'll take a look if I can create a small script (python/cmake).

the appended script may help to reduce time because it has the basic
structure and creates already CMakeLists.txt for the UI message catalogs.

>> It would help very much to have the
>> CMakeLists.txt in the svn repository permanently.
>>
> What's missing? All you need is in the emerge script.

The l10n-kde4 project in relation to other projects in svn does not have
any CMakeLists.txt added by default.  If they would be created/updated
and commited nightly on the svn server we would have no need for an
additional script.