KDE localized build

Christian Ehrlicher Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de
Tue Apr 8 13:54:10 CEST 2008

> Von: Ralf Habacker
> Christian Ehrlicher schrieb:
> >> Von: Ravishankar Shrivastava
> >> Hi,
> >> Christian and Ralf (and may be some other too, which I had lost
> tracks,)
> >> had replied my previous query which I am reproducing below. The point
> >> is, there is virtual hollowness  of localized applications in some
> >> languages (eg - Hindi) in Windows. Localized KDE will not only produce
> >> big buzz, but also give big push for its early adoption. So, may I
> >> request to prioritize this ?
> >>

> > See
> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/kdesupport/emerge/portage/testing/l10n-kde4/
> >
> > It needs some fixes and Ralf also wanted to create a python script
> instead using msys/shell to create the packages (which is painfull slow even on
> my new machine).
> >
> > Ralf, any news on this?
> >
> currently no it worked for me well using the cygwin sh and I'm not sure
> if a python script would make it much faster. The main time is needed
> for scanning the directories.
I really think it would make sense. File operations (despite all others) are the slowest part in msys/cygwin. You can see the problem when running ./configure in such a shell.
I did not test further because it was to slow and I was tired of waiting.
I'll take a look if I can create a small script (python/cmake).

> It would help very much to have the
> CMakeLists.txt in the svn repository permanently.
What's missing? All you need is in the emerge script.

Christian