KDE localized build

Christian Ehrlicher Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de
Tue Apr 8 14:20:30 CEST 2008

> Von: Ralf Habacker
> Christian Ehrlicher schrieb:
> >> Von: Ralf Habacker

> >> tracks,)

> produce

> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/kdesupport/emerge/portage/testing/l10n-kde4/

> >> instead using msys/shell to create the packages (which is painfull slow
> even on
> >> my new machine).

> >> currently no it worked for me well using the cygwin sh and I'm not sure
> >> if a python script would make it much faster. The main time is needed
> >> for scanning the directories.
> >>
> > I really think it would make sense. File operations (despite all others)
> are the slowest part in msys/cygwin. You can see the problem when running
> ./configure in such a shell.
> >
> Which runs on cygwin much faster as on msys because of cygwin1.dll's
> internal caching :-)  This is why I had taken the cygwin sh.
The problem is - I don't like both and don't think they should be used in a main part of kde/windows. msys should be prefered because emerge already has built-in support for it (and it must be installed on packager-system to create some third-party libs)

I'll take a look on the script, thx

Christian

--
Psst! Geheimtipp: Online Games kostenlos spielen bei den GMX Free Games!
http://games.entertainment.gmx.net/de/entertainment/games/free