KDE Windows Updater Client

Bernhard mustermaxi at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 21:43:48 CET 2007

that sounds like a really good idea. Today I've tried the 0.8.3 installer
and it worked out really well (althought it has forgotten to add the strigi
dependency).

Atm the update function is a bit rusty implemented in the interface but ok..
that's easy to change.

I wonder if there's any chance that I could upload the code somewhere
because I fear that I won't have much time to work on it. Further more I
don't think I've got the skill for doing this alone. (I've just started with
QT and KDE programming). So everybody who wants can work on it.
sounds

Also I don't know yet how the release team is going to manage the release
for windows. Will there be such updates like you get in openSUSE? (e.g.
kdebase-3.96-10.1 --> kdebase-3.96-10.2) or isn't there enough server
capacity to do this? If that isn't the case I have real doubts for the
importance of an update feature because if you can just upgrade from 4.0 to
4.1 it will broken to a big percentage because much has changed.

As I've stated in the first email I don't know these things yet and I would
appreciate if someone could tell me (if it's already decided)