buildsystem for kde on windows

Dapuzz mail at dapuzz.com
Wed May 30 00:24:25 CEST 2007

On Tue, 29 May 2007 10:30:32 +0200, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:

> There's already a proper automatic build system implemented in a
> scripting language: kdesvn-build. All it really needs is some porting to
> windows. So far the winemerge stuff needs some work to be done on it to
> be useful again so  instead IMHO this time should be spent on
> kdesvn-build. Of course this means finding a perl hacker to actually do
> this, I myself am certainly not capable of doing that.
>
> Andreas

I agree with you. kdesvn-build works a charm on linux, why not make
something similar on win32 based upon it?

This evening I've whatched a bit of that 5000 line of perl code (so far
:D) . I'm not a guru, but i think that a windows port is not so hard with
some hack.
We are loosing some featyres, first of all symlink (used f.e. in logging)
My work stopped at porting "pipe'nd fork", but i'm sure someone knows how
to make the equivalent code.
So, if there is anyone working in perl, with a lot of freetime, we can do
something together.