Building kdelibs - dll not found

Stromek stromek at realtime.sk
Sat Jan 20 16:42:58 CET 2007

Hello all,

I'm building kdelibs with msvc7. I came across several bugs some of which were
already discussed but haven't been fixed yet. They are small and I'm
going to post fixes later, however there is one that no one has discussed yet even it looks like everyone had to encounter.

During the building process kdelibs-build\bin\debug folder is filled
with dlls and executables. Some of those exes are executed during building
process, eg. makekdewidgets.exe. As I look at those exes each has
corresponding bat file, eg. makekdewidgets.exe.bat.

During the building process, system message box appears stating
makekdewidgets.exe cannot find bzip2.dll. Well, all paths were set, I
confronted winxp dll search path order and I was sure everything is
ok. So I tried to run makekdewidgets.exe manually which was fine and in that point I realized
that during the building process those exes are executed through
those bat files. However, all those bat files contains the following:

set PATH=N:\incoming\kde\kdelibs\KDE\kdelibs-build\bin\Debug\ C:\Program;
"N:/incoming/kde/kdelibs/KDE/kdelibs-build/bin/Debug/makekdewidgets.exe" %*

When you look at it, it is just plain wrong. First line completely overrides PATH
variable set in the environment that means the path to win32libs\bin is lost and it
adds "C:\Program;" which means nothing. Does someone know the
place where those bat files are generated? I haven't found it in kdelibs
sources yet and changing it in generated project files won't be the
solution :)

--
Stromek