qt plugins and release builds

Christian Ehrlicher Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de
Wed Dec 12 06:59:50 CET 2007

Shane King schrieb:
> Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
>>>     if (WIN32)
>>> 	  # qt is always compiled with QT_NO_DEBUG under mingw,
>>> 	  # so we need to compile stuff linked against it
>>> 	  # the same or otherwise QPluginLoader rejects plugins
>>>        add_definitions(-DQT_NO_DEBUG)
>>>     endif (WIN32)
>>>
>>> Hopefully this should solve our issues.
>>>
>> Please find another way to fix this!
>
> Why? I explain why I think it's the correct fix (QT isn't compiled as
> seperate debug and release builds under mingw, just like on unix). It
> fixes it only for that compiler, in all circumstances. MSVC (or any
> other compiler) isn't affected.

You're wrong here. Qt is compiled with debug_and_release on mingw and it
can be compiled as separate debug in windows and linux too. So your fix
is wrong.

--> Testcase: create tutorial/t1 on windows and/or linux with

CONFIG += debug
CONFIG -= release debug_and_release

-->
DEFINES       = -DUNICODE -DQT_LARGEFILE_SUPPORT -DQT_DLL -DQT_GUI_LIB
-DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_NEEDS_QMAIN

Christian