qt plugins and release builds

Shane King kde at dontletsstart.com
Wed Dec 12 07:22:24 CET 2007

Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
> Shane King schrieb:

>>> Please find another way to fix this!
>> Why? I explain why I think it's the correct fix (QT isn't compiled as
>> seperate debug and release builds under mingw, just like on unix). It
>> fixes it only for that compiler, in all circumstances. MSVC (or any
>> other compiler) isn't affected.
>>
> You're wrong here. Qt is compiled with debug_and_release on mingw and it
> can be compiled as separate debug in windows and linux too. So your fix
> is wrong.

OK, I'm wrong on details ...

You are right that both versions of Qt are generated. However (and this
is why I was thinking debug versions of qt weren't being compiled), even
in debug builds it ends up linking against the release libraries (eg
qtcore4.dll rather than qtcored4.dll). I verified this with depends.exe
from the PSDK.

For MSVC the debug/release dll is chosen correctly.

We need to fix the dll choosing problem before we can fix the
QT_NO_DEBUG problem.

Shane.