qt plugins and release builds

Shane King kde at dontletsstart.com
Wed Dec 12 06:40:31 CET 2007

Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
>>     if (WIN32)
>> 	  # qt is always compiled with QT_NO_DEBUG under mingw,
>> 	  # so we need to compile stuff linked against it
>> 	  # the same or otherwise QPluginLoader rejects plugins
>>        add_definitions(-DQT_NO_DEBUG)
>>     endif (WIN32)
>>
>> Hopefully this should solve our issues.
>>
> Please find another way to fix this!

Why? I explain why I think it's the correct fix (QT isn't compiled as
seperate debug and release builds under mingw, just like on unix). It
fixes it only for that compiler, in all circumstances. MSVC (or any
other compiler) isn't affected.

The only other way I can see to fix this is to modify the way we compile
QT and pass through -DQT_NO_DEBUG_PLUGIN_CHECK when compiling with
mingw, since the check is superfluous for mingw as there really aren't
"debug" and "release" versions of the library.

Shane.