Building QtDBus

Peter Kümmel syntheticpp at gmx.net
Sun Oct 22 23:09:47 CEST 2006

Stromek wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 22, 2006 at 08:14:02PM +0200, Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
>>> Thanks for your answer. I was using windbus both precompiled and
>>> also compiled by myself using mingw. If compiling manually,
>>> windows-patch.diff is applied automatically (I checked it and it was
>>> applied). So, I was doing exactly what you have written except of
>>> applying qt-qdbus-win32.patch.
>>>
>>> Regarding qt-qdbus-win32.patch, it is little bit screwed because it
>>> patches all files but qdbus.pro (there is incorrect path,
>>> tools/qdbus/qdbus.pro instead of tools/qdbus/tools/qdbus/qdbus.pro).
>> Peter fixed this someminutes ago
>
> Yes, I can see it in svn. I hadn't newest check out.
>
>>> This patch "just" modifies *.pro files to
>>> reference dbus includes and libs, still not accepting environment
>>> variable DBUSDIR. It does not solve those "undefined reference to
>>> _RTC_CheckEsp" errors during linking.
>>>
>> I don't have such problems (using msvc and mingw). But can it be that
>> you mix msvc and mingw?
>
> I'm building both qt and windbus with mingw.
>
>>> Btw. this patching step should be stated on wiki or maybe this could be
>>> committed to kdesvn qt-copy/tools/qdbus.
>>>
>> It's mentioned on kdelibs.com now - should imho be enough.
>
> Nice. It is much clearer now. Btw. imo DBUS_INSTALL_DIR is not read from
> environment but it is hardcoded in src.pro file. I don't know (yet :) how to read
> it (in .pro file) from environment but could you please add (to the
> wiki) that this variable should be modified in 'tools\qdbus\src\src.pro' file?

Qt docs:
http://doc.trolltech.com/4.2/qmake-advanced-usage.html#variables
"To obtain the contents of an environment value at the time when the generated
Makefile is processed, use the $(...) operator:"

So could you test if it works with this in src.pro and DBUSDIR
(I prefer DBUSDIR because it's not so much to type and sounds like QTDIR)

DBUS_INSTALL_DIR=$(DBUSDIR)

--
Peter Kümmel