Building QtDBus

Stromek stromek at realtime.sk
Sun Oct 22 21:34:05 CEST 2006

On Sun, Oct 22, 2006 at 08:14:02PM +0200, Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
> > Thanks for your answer. I was using windbus both precompiled and
> > also compiled by myself using mingw. If compiling manually,
> > windows-patch.diff is applied automatically (I checked it and it was
> > applied). So, I was doing exactly what you have written except of
> > applying qt-qdbus-win32.patch.
> >
> > Regarding qt-qdbus-win32.patch, it is little bit screwed because it
> > patches all files but qdbus.pro (there is incorrect path,
> > tools/qdbus/qdbus.pro instead of tools/qdbus/tools/qdbus/qdbus.pro).
> Peter fixed this someminutes ago

Yes, I can see it in svn. I hadn't newest check out.

> > This patch "just" modifies *.pro files to
> > reference dbus includes and libs, still not accepting environment
> > variable DBUSDIR. It does not solve those "undefined reference to
> > _RTC_CheckEsp" errors during linking.
> >
> I don't have such problems (using msvc and mingw). But can it be that
> you mix msvc and mingw?

I'm building both qt and windbus with mingw.

> > Btw. this patching step should be stated on wiki or maybe this could be
> > committed to kdesvn qt-copy/tools/qdbus.
> >
> It's mentioned on kdelibs.com now - should imho be enough.

Nice. It is much clearer now. Btw. imo DBUS_INSTALL_DIR is not read from
environment but it is hardcoded in src.pro file. I don't know (yet :) how to read
it (in .pro file) from environment but could you please add (to the
wiki) that this variable should be modified in 'tools\qdbus\src\src.pro' file?

> > Still, I'll try to overcome those linking problems. Anyway, if someone has any
> > suggestions they are welcome :-)

I'll try to compile qt and windbus using msvc and then I will see if those
linking errors remain.

--
Stromek