Building QtDBus

Jarosław Staniek js at iidea.pl
Sun Oct 22 21:49:59 CEST 2006

Christian Ehrlicher said the following, On 2006-10-22 18:27:

> Stromek schrieb:
>
>>Hi all,
>>
>>I have a comment regarding QtDBus building. At
>><http://www.kdelibs.com/wiki/index.php/QtDBus> there is stated, check
>>out qt-copy/tools/qdbus from kdesvn, set
>>environment
>>variable DBUSDIR, call qmake and then build. However, I do not see any
>>code in *.pro files that should take this into account and indeed
>>"mingw32-make" says that dbus/dbus.h cannot be find. (Could someone
>>post a better procedure for building qdbus or maybe help me to write one?)
>>
>>I can overcome this by editing generated makefiles and adding path for
>>dbus includes and libs. Unfortunately in this case, building qdbus fails with lots of
>>linking errors, see attached log file. I do not have a clue why those
>>references are missing. I get the same errors even if I compile dbus by
>>myself. Ideas anyone?
>>
>>I am not a developer of
>>kdelibs and relating stuff but I'm enthusiast:) who wants to help
>>speedup
>>kdelibs on windows. The site kdelibs.com is great place with information on how
>>to build the whole beast but I think the information is little
>>bit messy and should be cleaned up to have better written procedure how to
>>build it.
>>

> You need windbus from sf.net/projects/windbus (check out svn, apply
> windows-patch.diff & compile with cmake, install, apply
> qt-qdbus-win32.patch to qt sources, change path if it's not c:/Programme
> in src.pro and compile qdbus)

Looking at
http://www.kdelibs.com/wiki/index.php/QtDBus
I can see that http://sourceforge.net/projects/windbus points to binary
windbus distribution. So are the steps "apply windows-patch.diff and compile
D-Bus" still needed?

BTW, I've a bit improved the wiki page by providing links to the patches and
some formatting.

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek