[Kde-windows] dcopserver from kdelibs4 crashes

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Thu Apr 27 12:43:47 CEST 2006

Rikardo Tinauer schrieb:
>>> install kdelibs
>>>
>>> set environment
>>>
>>> set KDEDIR=\Programme\kdelibs
>>> set KDEHOME=\Programme\kdelibs\home
>>> set
>>>
> Path=\Programme\kdewin32\bin;\Programme\kdelibs\bin;c:\Programme\kdelibs\lib;\QT\4.1.2\bin;%PATH%
>
>>> start dcopserver
>>>

> did that but no success. but I created "c:\Program Files\kdelibs\home" by
> hands, ther was no such directory after installation of kdelibs. Should
> threre be anything in the "home" directory?

not required. You should run dcopserver with gdb and look where it
fails. I had no dcopserver crashes with ming sinse month. Are you using
msvc or mingw compiler ?

You may install depends http://www.dependencywalker.com/, filemon
http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/Filemon.html and procexp
http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/ProcessExplorer.html. These tools
gives you some light about internal things. depends for example let you
profile your application and you can show, which library is loaded from
which path.

Ralf