[Kde-windows] dcopserver from kdelibs4 crashes

Jarosław Staniek js at iidea.pl
Thu Apr 27 12:03:06 CEST 2006

Rikardo Tinauer said the following, On 2006-04-27 11:50:

>>>install kdelibs
>>>
>>>set environment
>>>
>>>set KDEDIR=\Programme\kdelibs
>>>set KDEHOME=\Programme\kdelibs\home
>>>set
>
> Path=\Programme\kdewin32\bin;\Programme\kdelibs\bin;c:\Programme\kdelibs\lib;\QT\4.1.2\bin;%PATH%
>
>>>start dcopserver
>

> did that but no success. but I created "c:\Program Files\kdelibs\home" by
> hands, ther was no such directory after installation of kdelibs. Should
> threre be anything in the "home" directory?

General question to kdelibs/win32 devs:

Why "Program Files\kdelibs\home" ?

I thought we've moved to using (fallback to) QDir::homeDirPath() already in
kdelibs3.
So, "KDEHOME" is in \Document And Settings\Username\ and there's my .kde subdir.
Especially, this is to avoid using environment variables on win32, what can be
a nightmare to debug on user's computers, not mentioning on win9x.

--
regards / pozdrawiam,
  Jaroslaw Staniek / OpenOffice Polska