[Kde-windows] initializing kapplication on win32

Jarosław Staniek js at iidea.pl
Wed Apr 26 18:57:56 CEST 2006

Rikardo Tinauer said the following, On 2006-04-26 18:24:

> When I initialize KApplication object on win32 the following message is
> displayed:
>
> "There was an error setting up inter-process communciations for KDE. The
> message returned by the system was:
>
> Could not read network connection list.
> C:/Documents and Settings/eba/.DCOP4server_DEUS_NODISPLAY
>
> Please chaeck that the "dcopserver" program is running!"
>
> One thing also puzzles me and it is that KDE documentation says that DCOP
> server is not automaticaly accessed when using KApplication object but only
> when using KUniqueApplication. So why do I get this message? I do not really
> want to connect to DCOPserver.

After the DCOP server has been ported to win32, I've solved possible problems
when users do not want/plan to use dcop in kdelibs3/win32:

in void KApplication::dcopFailure(const QString &msg) there's the following added:

#ifdef Q_WS_WIN
      KGlobal::config()->setGroup("General");
      if (KGlobal::config()->readBoolEntry("ignoreDCOPFailures", false))
          return;
#endif

So, please just edit your kde/share/config/kdeglobals (or locally in: Document
And Settings/yourname/.kde/share/config/kdeglobals) and in section [General]
add:

ignoreDCOPFailures=true

--
regards / pozdrawiam,