[Kde-windows] initializing kapplication on win32

Rikardo Tinauer rikardo.tinauer at eba.si
Thu Apr 27 11:26:49 CEST 2006

> After the DCOP server has been ported to win32, I've solved possible
> problems when users do not want/plan to use dcop in kdelibs3/win32:
>
> in void KApplication::dcopFailure(const QString &msg) there's the following
> added:
>
> #ifdef Q_WS_WIN
>       KGlobal::config()->setGroup("General");
>       if (KGlobal::config()->readBoolEntry("ignoreDCOPFailures", false))
>           return;
> #endif
>
> So, please just edit your kde/share/config/kdeglobals (or locally in:
> Document And Settings/yourname/.kde/share/config/kdeglobals) and in section
> [General] add:
>
> ignoreDCOPFailures=true

I have the "../Document And Settings/yourname/.kde/share/config" directory but
I don't have the "kdeglobals" file.

Where can I get one for win32?

I have one more question. I wrote this tester for KHTML

int main(int argc, char *argv[]) {

	KCmdLineArgs::init(argc, argv, "testkhtml", "Testkhtml", "a basic web browser
using the KHTML library", "1.0");
	KCmdLineArgs::addCmdLineOptions(options);

	KApplication a;
	KUrl url = "http://www.kde.org";
	KHTMLPart *w = new KHTMLPart();
	w->openURL(url);
	w->view()->resize(500, 400);

	w->show();
	a.exec();
	return 0;
}

When I run the program window with scrollbar view  opens and then program
crashes. What could be wrong?

Rikardo Tinauer
EBA, Agencija za elektronsko poslovanje d.o.o.
Teslova ulica 30
SI-1000 Ljubljana
e-mail: rikardo.tinauer at eba.si
internet: www.eba.si