kde utils unifying version numbers

Rolf Eike Beer kde at opensource.sf-tec.de
Thu May 9 23:03:44 BST 2019

Am Donnerstag, 9. Mai 2019, 09:38:44 CEST schrieb Jonathan Riddell:
> There's been some discussion on unifying version numbers for apps in KDE
> Applications
>
> https://phabricator.kde.org/T10812
> https://phabricator.kde.org/T10755
>
> This is so that packagers know what to call it, appstream files can get a
> version number, bugzilla gets a version number and Discover can display a
> version number.

All this can happen semi-automatic if the version number is just set the right
way in CMakeLists.txt, no?

> Most apps in kdeutils already do this, ones I see which don't are:
> print-manager
> sweeper
> kteatime
> kfloppy
> kcharselect
> kfloppy
> kcharselect
>
> any objections to me making these apps use KDE_APPLICATIONS_VERSION too?

I spent the last couple of hours to update the version lists on https://
utils.kde.org. There are several programs that use the same version number for
quite a while.

Maintainers, please show some activity by raising your version numbers
regularly. If I see no activity regarding version numbers in an application
for 3 releases I will switch them to KDE Applications versions. Basically all
of the above will be switched before the RC (if I don't forget it) if there is
no activity in this regard as the 3 releases have already passed.

Eike