D6001: Ark: kerfuffle plugin Mac adaptation

Elvis Angelaccio noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon May 29 09:59:09 UTC 2017

elvisangelaccio added a comment.

  Is `otool` even available on linux? If a mac user also has `ldd` that wouldn't be a problem, as long as we put the `findExecutable(ldd)` in the else branch (so if `otool` is found, we use it).

  Anyway, if you *really* want to make this a compile-time check, then I'd prefer to use cmake magic, something like:

    if (APPLE)
       target_compile_definitions(kerfuffle -DDEPENDENCY_TOOL=otool)
       target_compile_definitions(kerfuffle -DDEPENDENCY_TOOL_ARGS=-L)
    else()
      # define as ldd...
    endif()

  and then in the code just:

    dependencyTool.setProgram(QStringLiteral(DEPENDENCY_TOOL));

  without ifdefs.

REPOSITORY
  R36 Ark

REVISION DETAIL