D6001: Ark: kerfuffle plugin Mac adaptation

René J.V. Bertin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon May 29 09:45:33 UTC 2017

rjvbb added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D6001#112468, @elvisangelaccio wrote:

  > I prefer a runtime check, imho ifdefs should be used only when strictly necessary (= the code wouldn't compile otherwise). And yes, I'm ok if we look also for ldd through findExecutable().

  So what if a Linux user has an `otool` command in his or her path that does something completely unrelated (or a Mac user with `ldd`)? Those commands are reserved on their respective platforms, but not elsewhere. IMHO making this a runtime check could make sense if the same binary would run on both platforms, but that's not the case ...

  Just making sure we cover all bases.

REPOSITORY
  R36 Ark

REVISION DETAIL