resurrect abakus

Michael Pyne mpyne at kde.org
Fri Oct 5 01:30:11 UTC 2012

On Wednesday, October 03, 2012 23:47:07 Mathias Kraus wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 3. Oktober 2012, 23:39:12 schrieb Mathias Kraus:
> > Hello together,
> >
> > abakus was one of the KDE 3 applications i used quite long at the
> > beginning of KDE SC 4 and I missed it since then a lot. Recently I try to
> > play a little bit with QML and I thougt it migt be more usefull to play
> > with an existing application instead of just doin some examples from the
> > web. Since abakus is not a 800 pound gorilla UI wise, it might be a good
> > target for a beginner.
> >
> > The first thing to do is to move it from svn to git and here I noticed,
> > that there is a working branch for the port to KDE 4 from about six years
> > ago
> sorry, mail was accidently sent before I was done.
>
> Abakus was branched at revesion 538844 for the port to KDE 4 about six years
> ago. There are some commits but then nothing happened. About three years
> ago the port startet in playground again, revision 745795. I guess the
> version from playground is the most advanced in the KDE 4 port. Do you know
> if there is something in the working branch, which should be merged to
> playground?

I've looked around and I don't have anything more recent locally than the
r745795 series from svn (and it seems so weird that it's been so long, doesn't
feel like that many years!).

> Btw: I hope it's there are no objections to work on abakus

Not at all. In fact let me know if you have questions as you go through the
code, I'm sure there's plenty of improvement possible. ;)

I have since upgraded to a @kde.org address though so please use that, I've
occasionally had kdemail.net mails not make it. :-/

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne