resurrect abakus

Mathias Kraus k.hias at gmx.de
Wed Oct 3 21:47:07 UTC 2012

Am Mittwoch, 3. Oktober 2012, 23:39:12 schrieb Mathias Kraus:
> Hello together,
>
> abakus was one of the KDE 3 applications i used quite long at the beginning of KDE SC 4 and I missed it since then a lot.
> Recently I try to play a little bit with QML and I thougt it migt be more usefull to play with an existing application instead of just doin some examples from the web. Since abakus is not a 800 pound gorilla UI wise, it might be a good target for a beginner.
>
> The first thing to do is to move it from svn to git and here I noticed, that there is a working branch for the port to KDE 4 from about six years ago

sorry, mail was accidently sent before I was done.

Abakus was branched at revesion 538844 for the port to KDE 4 about six years ago. There are some commits but then nothing happened. About three years ago the port startet in playground again, revision 745795.
I guess the version from playground is the most advanced in the KDE 4 port.
Do you know if there is something in the working branch, which should be merged to playground?

Best regards,
Mathias

Btw: I hope it's there are no objections to work on abakus