KCalc bugs and suggestions

Eike Krumbacher eike.krumbacher at x-eike.de
Wed May 12 23:19:45 CEST 2010

Hi!

Raphael Kubo da Costa schrieb:
> On Wednesday 12 May 2010 11:41:44 Eike Krumbacher wrote:
>> * There are three different areas, where one can see the same settings
>> like "Degree" and "Shift" and more. I would like to remove two of them.
>> Degree, Rad and Grad are shown in the radio buttons, Hex, Dec and bin
>> too. Shift/Inv is shown as the button is grayed out. I would like to
>> remove these visible feedbacks from kcalc_display and statusbar. May I?
> Looks OK to me, I just didn't understand what you meant by "grayed out" in
> this case.

This is a toggle button, and on the toggled state, it becomes visually
grayed. Don't know how to distinguish from grayed out in the sense of
"disabled". But pressing Inv/Shift gives enough visual feedback to me.
I hope, you can see this as you press this button. It becomes grayer,
but not disabled.

>> * Actually, there is one issue with the statusbar. As the window gets
>> bigger or smaller, some portions of the text are hidden. I would like to
>> remove KCalculator::setupStatusbar(void) and more, or fix this using
>> labels.
> Can you explain this in more details? I only noticed something weird on the
> right corner when I switched from Simple Mode to Scientific Mode.

There seems to be something strange with resizing the window. The
included widgets do not resize/move as the window does. They even do not
resize/move, as some text is added to them. At the moment, I cannot
access api.kde.org. It seems down, so I do not find out, how to program
their move/resize by hand.

Eike