KCalc bugs and suggestions

Raphael Kubo da Costa kubito at gmail.com
Wed May 19 02:17:47 CEST 2010

On Wednesday 12 May 2010 18:19:45 Eike Krumbacher wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Raphael Kubo da Costa schrieb:
> > On Wednesday 12 May 2010 11:41:44 Eike Krumbacher wrote:
> >> * There are three different areas, where one can see the same settings
> >> like "Degree" and "Shift" and more. I would like to remove two of them.
> >> Degree, Rad and Grad are shown in the radio buttons, Hex, Dec and bin
> >> too. Shift/Inv is shown as the button is grayed out. I would like to
> >> remove these visible feedbacks from kcalc_display and statusbar. May I?
> >
> > Looks OK to me, I just didn't understand what you meant by "grayed out"
> > in this case.
>
> This is a toggle button, and on the toggled state, it becomes visually
> grayed. Don't know how to distinguish from grayed out in the sense of
> "disabled". But pressing Inv/Shift gives enough visual feedback to me.
> I hope, you can see this as you press this button. It becomes grayer,
> but not disabled.

On the toggled state, the button simple seems to have been pressed here.

> >> * Actually, there is one issue with the statusbar. As the window gets
> >> bigger or smaller, some portions of the text are hidden. I would like to
> >> remove KCalculator::setupStatusbar(void) and more, or fix this using
> >> labels.
> >
> > Can you explain this in more details? I only noticed something weird on
> > the right corner when I switched from Simple Mode to Scientific Mode.
>
> There seems to be something strange with resizing the window. The
> included widgets do not resize/move as the window does. They even do not
> resize/move, as some text is added to them. At the moment, I cannot
> access api.kde.org. It seems down, so I do not find out, how to program
> their move/resize by hand.

Maybe it's the ui file that has some fixed values? Why should the widgets
resize/move if the window changes its size? As far as I can see, the window
changes has its size changed only when the current mode is changed, and extra
space is used by the extra buttons, or is removed when moving to a simpler
state, no?