What about Kfloppy and SuperKaramba

Rolf Eike Beer kde at opensource.sf-tec.de
Sat Dec 12 07:42:04 CET 2009

Am Samstag, 12. Dezember 2009 schrieb Martin Sandsmark:
> On Friday 11. December 2009 21.03.47 Rolf Eike Beer wrote:
> > I just read that KPilot was dropped from kdepim. That reminded me of some
> > corpses in kdeutils ...
>
> How about kdessh? The result of the discussion last time was, iirc, that
>  noone knew what it was (and I've tried finding out later on IRC too, to no
>  avail), or could be used for.

I second that. It needs a KDE stub on the target host, probably noone has ever
heard of that. I thought it was just a frontend for host selection but it has
further dependencies and would not even bring up a window when started without
arguments (well, neither does KGpg, but that would sit in systray afterwards
*g*).

> Also, is anyone working on/maintaining KDiskFree? If not, I wonder if maybe
>  I could strategically move in Filelight as a functional replacement (I
>  think the summary screen when you launch Filelight covers the same
>  functionality). :-)

I did not say anything about kdf because I knew of the valid use cases and the
program actually works as expected. I don't know about Filelight, but it might
be a replacement for 4.5. Moving things through kdereview now is probably a
bit late so I would vote for kdf staying at least one more cycle (just because
it works).

Eike