klaptopdaemon

Thomas Gillespie tomjamesgillespie at googlemail.com
Fri May 2 00:07:37 CEST 2008

Hey

> So I can move klaptopdaemon from kdeutils to unmaintained now, right?

Unless anyone else has objections, the code really was from different times ;)

> Please add an entry about kde4powersave to playground/utils/INDEX. And
> include it in playground/utils/CMakeLists.txt.

Done, ive commented it out in cmakelists by default though, imho its not
really ready, still plenty to do.

> More changes needed for the kde4powersave CMakeLists.txt:
> a) Do not hardcode "/usr/kde4/lib/libsolidcontrol.so", but use
> just "solidcontrol", the buildsystem finds out the location itself. You
> might ask the solidteam why there is no "${SOLIDCONTROL_LIB}" or such
> defined. I just found "${SOLID_LIBS}" which does not include
> libsolidcontrol.

I didnt know I could do that, i just hardcoded it until i could talk to the
solid guys, thanks.

> b) you forget to add an install instruction:
> 	install(TARGETS kde4powersave  DESTINATION ${BIN_INSTALL_DIR} )
> should do it.

> Then you might add a .desktop file to describe kde4powersave (used by menu,
> krunner, ...). To have it installed add
> 	install( FILES kde4powersave.desktop  DESTINATION ${XDG_APPS_INSTALL_DIR})
> to CMakeLists.txt.

Yep done the install target now, ill write a .desktop when im not so tired
lol.

> Important: You need to add proper copyright headers, it is needed for every
> file not generated automatically, as described here [LP]. Make sure you are
> also following the licenses for code you took from kpowersave.
>
> [LP] http://techbase.kde.org/Policies/Licensing_Policy

Yea, that was a daft mistake of mine, I knew there was something missing!

> An About entry in the menu starting a KAboutDialog would be great.

:) good idea. Although the broken systray doesnt help development lol, i have
to run kicker on top. Talking of plasma, maybe it should be a plasmoid? system
trays always did seem a bit messy imho.

Thanks for the help

Tom