Standalone CMakeLists.txt

Michael Leupold lemma at confuego.org
Sun Dec 21 09:16:20 CET 2008

On Sunday 21 December 2008 01:55:41 David Johnson wrote:
> On Saturday 20 December 2008 12:51:11 am Michael Leupold wrote:
> > While creating a standalone CMakeLists.txt should be possible creating a
> > copy in svn is cheap. So making a complete copy of kdeutils should be
> > easiest to work with (and also to merge back later).
> I'm sorry I did not clarify. I have lots of copies of kcalc. That is not a
> problem. But none of them build unless I also make yet another copy of
> kdeutils and build from there.
> Here is what I want to do. I may be naive and stupid, but it is what I want
> to do:
> cd kcalc-copy
> cmakekde
> I get "no objdir found" errors when I try to make a standalone build.

Basically this should be possible if you copy most of the stuff from the
kdeutils CMakeLists.txt to the kcalc CMakeLists.txt. But I think it's still
easier to do a full copy/checkout of kdeutils. I think it's still possible to
do:
1) cmake in kdeutils
2) cd kcalc
3) make && make install

So if disk space is not a problem, rather work with all of kdeutils building
only kcalc. If you still want to modify kcalc to build separately, please send
a copy of the CMakeLists.txt that doesn't work and we can try to work it out.

Regards,
Michael