updating handbook of Okteta (was: Re: ark handbook outdated?)

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Mon Aug 4 21:45:24 CEST 2008

Am Montag 04 August 2008 17:54:13 schrieb Friedrich W. H. Kossebau:
> Am Montag, 4. August 2008, um 16:36 Uhr, schrieb Burkhard Lück:
>
> > "Pressing the Insert key toggles between overwrite and insert modes"
> > When I press Insert, editing data is not working properly (cut, copy,
> > past, add, enter or delete a char) stable + trunk
>
> What do you mean with "not working properly"? Works all as intended here.

Seems I got confused by the two cursors and the different areas, I have
tried to enter chars in the byte view :-(
Added a note about this to Basics - Usage.

This does not work here in overwrite mode tested in trunk:

add chars or bytes at the end

backspace key to delete before cursor

Del key to delete under cursor

> > Edit->Copy+Cut+Paste does not work with the clipboard, nothing visible in
> > klipper, is there an internal buffer?
>
> Currently copy and cut send data to the clipboard with the
> mimetype "application/octetstream", Klipper does not know how to display
> that. And almost all other program cannot handle this, too, as this is
> simpy raw data. But KHexEdit and other Okteta program instances can, so it
> works.

Added this to the edit menu.

> Please, could you send this as diff, so I can spot what the changes are?
> E.g. the output of "svn diff $file" would help.

Attached.

A hint for the kdeutils coordinator regarding documentation:

Please talk with the kdegames people, they have AFAIK a documentation team,
which did a unbelievable good job. Kdegames was the only kde module with a
completely updated documentation already in 4.0!

--
Burkhard Lück