updating handbook of Okteta (was: Re: ark handbook outdated?)

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Tue Aug 5 00:22:56 CEST 2008

Am Montag, 4. August 2008, um 21:45 Uhr, schrieb Burkhard Lück:
> Am Montag 04 August 2008 17:54:13 schrieb Friedrich W. H. Kossebau:
> > Am Montag, 4. August 2008, um 16:36 Uhr, schrieb Burkhard Lück:
> > > "Pressing the Insert key toggles between overwrite and insert modes"
> > > When I press Insert, editing data is not working properly (cut, copy,
> > > past, add, enter or delete a char) stable + trunk
> >
> > What do you mean with "not working properly"? Works all as intended here.
>
> Seems I got confused by the two cursors and the different areas, I have
> tried to enter chars in the byte view :-(
> Added a note about this to Basics - Usage.
>
> This does not work here in overwrite mode tested in trunk:
>
> add chars or bytes at the end
>
> backspace key to delete before cursor
>
> Del key to delete under cursor

Overwrite mode is implemented to be very strict, because it means that the
size of the data cannot be changed. So no appending or removing of bytes.
Sensible, or?

Yes, should be documented, too. Thanks :)

> > Please, could you send this as diff, so I can spot what the changes are?
> > E.g. the output of "svn diff $file" would help.
>
> Attached.
>
> A hint for the kdeutils coordinator regarding documentation:
>
> Please talk with the kdegames people, they have AFAIK a documentation team,
> which did a unbelievable good job. Kdegames was the only kde module with a
> completely updated documentation already in 4.0!

Thanks for the proposal, will do (coordinator is me ;)

Comments for the docs will be sent per PM tomorrow, time for bed now :)

Cheers
Friedrich

--
Okteta - KDE Hex Editor, coming to you with KDE 4.1