updating handbook of Okteta (was: Re: ark handbook outdated?)

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Sun Aug 3 21:58:31 CEST 2008

Am Sonntag 03 August 2008 20:58:32 schrieb Friedrich W. H. Kossebau:

> Am Sonntag, 3. August 2008, um 20:31 Uhr, schrieb Burkhard Lück:
> > P.S.
> > I have startet to update the okteta handbook.
>
> Great. Just... be prepared, I am hoping to do quite some changes to Okteta
> for 4.2. So any content in trunk is in danger to be outofdate soon. So
> perhaps you better delay work on the handbook of Okteta until november.

No, we need an uptodate documentation for 4.1 asap, that will be accepted by
the translators only as backport from trunk.

> But for 4.1 you are welcome to add some sections about the tools.

Not posssible to add this directly to 4.1, this has to go through trunk for
testing.

> Especially how to use them, I found some people to have a little problem
> using them without help. If you need support there, do not hesitate to ask
> me :)

Sorry, I am just a translator who doesn not like to translate outdated and
wrong stuff, so my main intention is to fix the doc bugs.
As more than half of the doc (especially in base) is from kde 3, there is a
lot to do for me with this issue.

But I have some questions for the current okteta:

File->Export Values, Plain Text, C array, View in Plain Text, what is the
difference to these items in Edit->Copy as?

What is "View in Plain Text"?

Insert Pattern
Options in the dialog box allow you to specify the length of the pattern,
it's format (hexadecimal, decimal, octal, binary or text) and the insertion
point.
This is wrong, no lenth and insertion point, but what is Number?

What is the tool Versions?

--
Burkhard Lück