KLirc port/maintainership

Michael Zanetti michael_zanetti at gmx.net
Fri Apr 25 09:38:39 CEST 2008

On Thursday 24 April 2008 23:40:55 Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> > Now the questions:
> >
> > Is there already somebody else that is interested in this "baby"?
>
> Not that I heard of. She is still lying alone in her cradle and crying.
>
> > Are there any things specific to klirc that I should know before
> > starting?
>
> Not to my knowledge. I.e. I do not have any knowledge at all besides what
> can be seen from the logs. :) You might perhaps ask Kevin Ottens, the
> developer of Solid, what he thinks about adding some IRC interfaces to
> Solid. At least I think this would make sense, or? But finally do what you
> think is best, you are going to be the maintainer :)
> See for Solid and a contact address
> http://api.kde.org/4.x-api/kdelibs-apidocs/solid/html/index.html

Yeah, I already thought about using solid. Currently I have no experience with
it, but that will change :)

> You are also without a SVN account yet, so for you would apply the same I
> wrote as all the others, sending first just patches etc.
> Except that before I would have to move kdelirc to playground for you.
> So, will you take a start with kdelirc? :) Say Please move! and I will do.

Well, I do already have a svn account as I maintain already kopetes OTR
plugin. So I can do the move on my own.

Thanks.
Michael

@Friedrich: Something completely off-topic: I have seen on
http://techbase.kde.org/index.php?title=Schedules/KDE4/4.1_Feature_Plan#kdebase-
workspace that you are going to implement a Mac-like menu bar plasmoid. I
could not find anything yet in playground. As I am _very_ interested in this
feature may I ask if there is already something to test/give feedback?