KLirc port/maintainership

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Thu Apr 24 23:40:55 CEST 2008

Hi Michael,

Am Donnerstag, 24. April 2008, um 08:37 Uhr, schrieb Michael Zanetti:
> Hello :)
>
> I've read the post too (like the people in the last mails) and would like
> to give a try to klirc.

Applause :)

> It seems that it still needs a lot of porting
> effort.
>
> I already have some experience in KDE development and think it sould be
> possible to polish it up again for 4.2.
>
> Now the questions:
>
> Is there already somebody else that is interested in this "baby"?

Not that I heard of. She is still lying alone in her cradle and crying.

> Are there any things specific to klirc that I should know before starting?

Not to my knowledge. I.e. I do not have any knowledge at all besides what can
be seen from the logs. :) You might perhaps ask Kevin Ottens, the developer
of Solid, what he thinks about adding some IRC interfaces to Solid. At least
I think this would make sense, or? But finally do what you think is best, you
are going to be the maintainer :)
See for Solid and a contact address
http://api.kde.org/4.x-api/kdelibs-apidocs/solid/html/index.html

You are also without a SVN account yet, so for you would apply the same I
wrote as all the others, sending first just patches etc.
Except that before I would have to move kdelirc to playground for you.
So, will you take a start with kdelirc? :) Say Please move! and I will do.

Now, further questions?

Cheers
Friedrich