Decorators

Maciej Pilichowski bluedzins at wp.pl
Wed May 20 13:28:41 CEST 2009

Hi,

> The visual aspect of containers is controlled by the window
> decorator, so different decorators may make different choices
> regarding how containers are displayed (for example, TAI might have
> a title bar and tab strip, or might combine the two in the manner of
> Google's Chrome browser).

Yes!

> It is recommended that decorations provide menu placement as an
> option, per container type.

Hmm, so shared menu is not a global option but per decoration? In such
case I opt (strongly :-D) for "it is required...".

Otherwise it will limit user too much (partially as with current
plasma).

And it such case we don't need per decoration settings, global would
suffice (and when you change decoration the options are preserved).

> This will control if the menu appears within the application
> instance window (which would mean many menus in FAI, GAI
> containers), within the parent container, or within the parent
> container.

Typo? Repeated the last phrase.

> The last choice cascades; that is, the menu is "pushed" up until a
> container that does not use this option (the root cannot, as it has
> no parent).

The menu is pushed, but the option says if the menu should be shared,
so it means it is sucked up. So the root of course can use this
option but we should treat it as special kind -- so FAI, GAI, TAI and
desktop.

Cheers,