CLosing apps

Maciej Pilichowski bluedzins at wp.pl
Wed May 20 12:50:11 CEST 2009

Hi,

  The latest change in the summary says:
"Depending on user preference, closing the current document may be
denied, may give an "empty application", or may close the current
window. When making this decision, "application instances" need not
belong to the same process, although they do need to be running on
the same machine."

Let's start from those:
"Depending on user preference, closing the current document may be
denied, may give an "empty application""

It is actually up to the app, not the user. For example in Konqueror I
will not be able to close the document (unless Konq. will change). In
Kate I will get empty doc. In Kpdf I will get empty app.
But user does not set option for it.

"When making this decision, "application instances" need not belong to
the same process, although they do need to be running on the same
machine."

The thing it is irrelevant. I close the doc -> I get empty app. That's
it.
I close the doc --> the app quits (if set so), not other checking.

I would like to rewrite the first sentence and remove the second one.

Your thoughts?

Cheers,