CLosing apps

Maciej Pilichowski bluedzins at wp.pl
Tue Mar 17 09:33:32 CET 2009

On Monday 16 March 2009 23:35:08 Matthew Woehlke wrote:

I wrote a reply, but I saved it for later -- to sort this out first.

> > * more natural feel for TAI -- after closing the last tab, you
> > don't have to create container from beginning
>
> ...this one feels more important. Especially then you can make
> container, put windows in it.

But on the other hand -- for example container closes with the closing
of the last tab. User can launch konq. and since konq. works in TAI
mode it already launches as TAI with one tab. So keeping empty
container is not necessary.

Similarly user could launch GAI + 2 * kpdf, close kpdfs one by one,
GAI closes as well then, and user launches kpdf again. She/he has to
launch an app again, because even with empty container we wouldn't
know what to put there.

If application in NWI world could predefine they way it starts -- like
Konq. today -- for me it always starts as application with one tab
(so in NWI world it would be TAI with one app -- Konq.) -- maybe
empty containers would be just a burden?

Cheers,

PS. I see, that small steps are way better, one thread one issue only,
it is clearer that way.