Fwd: Adding "group/split" button to the decoration

Maciej Pilichowski bluedzins at wp.pl
Tue Jul 14 19:04:22 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 14 July 2009 17:47:28 Matthew Woehlke wrote:

> I don't think you're looking at a splitter layout. Check out
> gwenview, make sure you have the side panel shown. There is a
> splitter that lets you resize it. Make it big, make it small. You
> will see there is a minimum size, it stops getting smaller after
> this, but when you drag it a little more, /it goes away entirely/.

Ok, you are right, there is some size which is set minimum.

> TBH I think it would be better to start off with 'windows in GAI
> can't be minimized'.

[ After a thinking I changed my (previous) mind ]

Unless we provide taskbar. Then GAI would be similar to FAI, just with
glue on the borders :-) Hmmmmm.... does tabbar in TAI is taskbar
really?

This would lead to pretty universal design -- just feature
disabled/enable here and there.

I... start to like it :-))

Cheers,