Fwd: Adding "group/split" button to the decoration

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Aug 28 01:01:48 CEST 2009

?

> TAI now looks like just a state of GAI.
>
> TAI (restore) -> GAI (free) -> FAI (tile) -> GAI (maximize) -> TAI

Hmm... actually, I think I would be okay with that... instead of
"container types", we end up having just different states of window
within container. So +1 to everything else that I didn't leave comments.

> btw. this cycle could be nice for presentation in the summary. I hope
> i will be soon able to edit it.

Any luck with the editing?

> On Tuesday 14 July 2009 21:57:11 Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> So in "TAI" mode you will have no child title bar, no minimize
>> button, and one 'restore' button that puts you back to FAI/GAI
>> mode.
>
> Yup.

Well I guess I should say you have the tabs, however those are
implemented :-). Not "child titlebar" as such, but...

>> ...which just leaves how, and if, you can minimize in GAI.
>
> According to above you should be able both to minimize and maximize
> (if there are at least 2 windows).

What does minimize do in GAI? (More to the point, how do you get a
minimized window back? Hmm... same way as minimized window now, use task
bar or switcher?)

>> Also if
>> GAI has panel or not; I would prefer "not" unless there are
>> minimized windows, would that be acceptable?
>
> I think we could mimic the behaviour of current panel -- otherwise it
> could be seen as regression.

Which current behavior would that be?

> We don't see it yet, and it might occur that having fixed taskbar for
> all containers is actually useful, because the general feel is not
> altered -- only windows are more or less restricted.

Not sure about that, my current inclination is still to avoid task bar
if possible for GAI. And I suppose for TAI, since tabs would replace the
need. (Though conversely, the panel makes tabs unneeded...)

--
Matthew
For great justice!! -- Captain (Zero Wing)