NWI - FAI for non-root containers

Maciej Pilichowski bluedzins at wp.pl
Wed Apr 29 18:53:51 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 29 April 2009 18:37:17 Matthew Woehlke wrote:

> > a) show scrollbars for container
> > b) resize the embedded app
> > c) "push" the app so it will fit into new size
> >
> > I opt for (c), it would be very similar to res.change in desktop.
>
> TBH my initial reaction is "a" (how 'Doze does it, anyway) though
> that is actually somewhat annoying. I think "c" (and "b" if needed)
> would also be okay,

a vs. b+c are rather contrary :-)

> but what about moving apps outside the
> container; is that simply not allowed?

Outside in such way that it is still parent (container) and the
application is no longer visible. I'll say it should be forbidden:
a) because it is forbidden for desktop, no strong argument, but...
b) if we agree on some kind of tearing off applications it will be a
bit odd (I think?) to make the difference between tearing off (app
visually and technically outside, parent changed) and moving out (app
outside only technically, visually hidden, parent not changed).

Cheers,