HIG: tabwidgets

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Fri Mar 10 21:53:25 CET 2006

On Thu, Mar 09, 2006 at 01:15:45AM -0700, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> Next Tab		Ctrl+Left_Arrow	Yes
> Previous Tab	Ctrl+Right_Arrow	Yes

this directly conflicts with text editors' use of those. just like
shift-arrow and shift-ctrl-arrow would.
... and alt-arrow is already taken for konq's history navigation ... too
bad, we're screwed. ;)
i for one would not complain if alt-arrow was used for tab switching,
alt-shift-arrow (or even alt-ctrl-arrow, even though i slighly dislike
the idea of _any_ app not controlling the session using alt-ctrl keys,
but this concern is slightly mitigated by keyboards with a win key which
can be reserved for the "system") for tab reordering and ctrl-arrow for
history navigation, but i guess this would impose "certain"
compatibility problems.