HIG: tabwidgets

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Mar 9 15:08:30 CET 2006

On Thursday 09 March 2006 04:55, Florian Graessle wrote:
> I am not too sure about the usefulness of the "other tabs" entry. I
> think there are better places to give an overview of which tabs are
> opened and to switch there (the obvious one being the tab bar itself).

i think this is usually used when the # of tabs > space available to show them
all, at which point they scroll off the end of the tabbar.

> Also currently in konqueror and konsole we have this entry only in the
> context menu of each tab - combined with a lot of mouse pushing and
> aiming. Plus there is no way to get an overview of the tabs with the
> keyboard which is a major drawback of the current solution. What we
> could do is consider moving the tab overview into the "window" menu
> entry like e.g. the opera web browser is doing it.

i think this is a good addition, yes

> There it would be
> possible to even access tabs from other konqueror windows.

this could end up being very hacky, unfortunately. there's no guarantee all
konq windows are in the same process (so we'd have to use IPC to populate the
menu) and the number of entries if all windows are included could grow pretty
large =/

--
Aaron J. Seigo