HIG: tabwidgets

Florian Graessle holehan at gmx.de
Thu Mar 9 12:55:51 CET 2006

Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
 > Context Menus: this should be a description of the context menu
including
> spots for customization. for instance:
>
> New Tab
> Reload Tab
> Detach Tab
> Duplicate Tab
> -----
> Other Tabs
> ----
> Close Tabs
>
> a question here is what to put in Other Tabs. in konsole it's "Switch To Tab",
> in konversation it's "Switch To" and in konqueror it's "Other Tabs" which
> includes actions that apply to all other tabs.

I am not too sure about the usefulness of the "other tabs" entry. I
think there are better places to give an overview of which tabs are
opened and to switch there (the obvious one being the tab bar itself).
Also currently in konqueror and konsole we have this entry only in the
context menu of each tab - combined with a lot of mouse pushing and
aiming. Plus there is no way to get an overview of the tabs with the
keyboard which is a major drawback of the current solution. What we
could do is consider moving the tab overview into the "window" menu
entry like e.g. the opera web browser is doing it. There it would be
possible to even access tabs from other konqueror windows.

Comments?