No subject

Thomas Zander zander32 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 23:34:28 CET 2006

On Satrday 04 March 2006 05:58, you wrote:
> Iff toolbars are made fully customisable (as Aaron hinted in the other
> thread) for the first time in KDE's history (by also providing
> persistence of changes), I am, in the role of a normal user, back in
> full control. This would make many removals that nowadays force
> advanced users to recurringly recustomise their environment far less
> intrusive.

There is a funny inconsistency in the above; our target group of users
don't update every other week so any changes in the rc files will only
happen on major upgrades which in practice will happen ones every 18
months. Effectively ruling out your 'problem' above.

It seems you are making usability observations based on your personal
experiences, and not those of the actual users. Its easy to get
misconceptions based on that, yes.

This is the reason why most usability reports list their assumptions
and assertions, since its needed for a good usability review.

Cheers!
--
Thomas Zander