[Kde-hci] What's This help -> Once more ;-)

Olaf Jan Schmidt ojschmidt at kde.org
Wed Jan 18 00:10:19 CET 2006

Hi Ellen!

Thanks for writing this up. I really like all the great ideas in this report!

For now, I only have some smaller comments.

I wrote several paragraph on problems I saw with regards to keyboard focus and
Escape until I realised that you mean that all the windows are part of the
same tab sequence. I am a bit sceptible about the implications of this, but I
need to think about it some more and will send an alternative for keyboard
focus and Esc tomorrow.

Section 2.1 (operator window): change "hints" into "tips" to be consistent

Section 2.2.3: Add "Application shortcuts should still work, but only if they
contain key combinations or F-Keys. This will ensure that e.g. Ctrl+Q still
quits the application, and that the shortcuts described in the
What's-This-help work."
To avoid clashes, we need to assign single-key shortcuts for the settings
button and the help button, e.g. "s" and "h". Close All is Escape, of course.

Section 2.2.4: The sentence "Its look may be similar to a docker window or to
a KNote, but it adjusts to the overall colour scheme" is misleading, because
the docker window must also follow the general KDE colour scheme. Maybe we
should simply say "Its look may be similar to a docker window, adjusting to
the overall colour scheme".

Olaf

--
Olaf Jan Schmidt, KDE Accessibility co-maintainer, open standards
accessibility networker, Protestant theology student and webmaster of