[Kde-hci] What's This help -> Once more ;-)

Ellen Reitmayr ellen at kde.org
Wed Jan 18 10:19:06 CET 2006

On Wednesday, 18. January 2006 00:10, Olaf Jan Schmidt wrote:

> I wrote several paragraph on problems I saw with regards to keyboard focus
> and Escape until I realised that you mean that all the windows are part of
> the same tab sequence. I am a bit sceptible about the implications of this,
> but I need to think about it some more and will send an alternative for
> keyboard focus and Esc tomorrow.

I also wasn't sure -> my first (and intuitive) idea was that Tab cycles in the
tips, WT windows and Operator window only when Tips are shown, that it is not
possible to cycle into the parent window.

Regarding Escape the idea was:

- Focus on a Tip: Tips disappear. Current focus moves to next WT window (if
available), after WT windows into the parent window.

- Focus on a WT window: WT window is closed. Tips remain. Current Focus on
next Tip.

- Focus on Operator window: WT mode is finished.

Would that work better?

> Section 2.1 (operator window): change "hints" into "tips" to be consistent

ok

> Section 2.2.3: Add "Application shortcuts should still work, but only if
> they contain key combinations or F-Keys. This will ensure that e.g. Ctrl+Q
> still quits the application, and that the shortcuts described in the
> What's-This-help work."
> To avoid clashes, we need to assign single-key shortcuts for the settings
> button and the help button, e.g. "s" and "h". Close All is Escape, of
> course.
ok

> Section 2.2.4: The sentence "Its look may be similar to a docker window or
> to a KNote, but it adjusts to the overall colour scheme" is misleading,
> because the docker window must also follow the general KDE colour scheme.
> Maybe we should simply say "Its look may be similar to a docker window,
> adjusting to the overall colour scheme".
ok

--> argh, I just realised that my OOo file is broken :-|
hopefully kword can import the pdf...

greetings,
/el

--