Testing minor releases

Philip Muskovac yofel at gmx.net
Wed Feb 13 20:21:58 UTC 2013

On 02/13/2013 03:51 PM, Martin Gräßlin wrote:
> On Wednesday 13 February 2013 15:27:44 Markus wrote:
>> Instead of Project Neon which is tied to a specific distribution someone
>> with the proper knowledge should rather do a "KDE:/Testing" repo in OBS.
> It's not "instead of", it is "in addition to".
>
> Also here the problem is the "proper knowledge" - there seem to be people who
> have the knowledge to do Kubuntu packages but I doubt that they have the
> knowledge for OBS.

The main reason why Project-Neon uses Launchpad instead of OBS (we did
talk about that) is that nobody has a spare server to run an OBS
instance on, and build.opensuse.org has 2 issues: 1) it has no trivial
way to build daily packages from what I see. 2) It provides no archives
for Ubuntu's development release.

If someone still wants to provide a Project-Neon like archive on OBS
we'll be glad to help, but nobody of us is familiar with packaging for
anything other than debian nor do we know how exactly OBS builds
packages for multiple distros.

Regards,
Philip Muskovac