Testing minor releases

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Wed Feb 13 15:22:01 UTC 2013

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 2:51 PM, Martin Gräßlin <mgraesslin at kde.org> wrote:

> On Wednesday 13 February 2013 15:27:44 Markus wrote:
> > Instead of Project Neon which is tied to a specific distribution someone
> > with the proper knowledge should rather do a "KDE:/Testing" repo in OBS.
> It's not "instead of", it is "in addition to".
>
> Also here the problem is the "proper knowledge" - there seem to be people
> who
> have the knowledge to do Kubuntu packages but I doubt that they have the
> knowledge for OBS.
>
> I think it should also be very easy to make a kdesrc-build version that
does this. It should be just a case of making a config file.
I'll have a play and then role that out as a blog post and can use that to
start some momentum about running latest KDE 4.10 branches

We can then gauge some opinion on how many people would be interested in
running it if they have distro packages.

Then we have something to email the other distros with, and can explain why
it'll be good for both us and them.

David