[kde-promo] 4.9 Beta 2 release announcement?

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Tue Jun 12 15:15:30 UTC 2012

On 06/11/2012 04:16 PM, Carl Symons wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 4:24 AM, Anne-Marie Mahfouf
> <annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr>  wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is there a Dot article to announce the Beta 2? If it is the case, can we add
>> something about testing, a short summary on what has been done so far and
>> still try to find new testers (especially for functional tests).
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Anne-Marie
>>
> Definitely can be an article about Beta 2. This is a good idea, even
> if the main purpose is an update on testing.
>
> sebas puts those together. If someone from the quality team will
> compose what should be added, then it can be worked in as it was in
> the Beta 1 announcement.
>
> Carl

Hi Sebas,

Here is a short article:

----------------------

The KDE Testing Team will carry on testing this Beta 2. The testing effort
started with KDE 4.9 Beta 1 last week and 83 bugs reports were opened or
confirmed, 29 of which are already closed, the bugs having been fixed.
For example some regressions in QML applets were identified and fixed. A few
bugs were also corrected without anyone opening a bug report. Newcomers
joined
the team and are doing a great job, a big thank!
We would be happy to include more people and you will be more than
welcome to
join: install the Beta 2 from your distribution and choose an area of
testing,
all details are available at
http://community.kde.org/Getinvolved/Testing/Beta.

We are also available on IRC Freenode in the #kde-testing channel and
via our
mailing list https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-testing