[kde-promo] 4.9 Beta 2 release announcement?

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Mon Jun 11 15:09:13 UTC 2012

OK here is what I wrote, feel free to amend and improve:

The KDE Testing Team will carry on testing this Beta 2. The testing
effort started with KDE4.9 Beta 1 last week and 68 bugs reports were
opened or confirmed for Beta 1, 24 of which were closed, most having
been fixed.  For example some regressions in QML applets were identified
and fixed. A few bugs were also corrected without anyone opening a bug
report. Newcomers joined the team and are doing a great job, a big thank!
We would be happy to include more people and you will be more than
welcome to join: install the Beta 2 from your distribution and choose an
area of testing, all details are available at
http://community.kde.org/Getinvolved/Testing/Beta. We are also available
on IRC Freenode in the #kde-testing channel.

Anne-Marie