QA Testing for 4.9.1

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Thu Aug 30 23:29:41 UTC 2012

Martin Gräßlin wrote:

>> Okay, but then KWin shouldn't be the only product following this
>> workflow. Devs from other products should also reliably use the
>> "Target Milestone" field (and preferably also the "Version Fixed In"
>> field.
>> Which of these two fields to use should also be the same for every
>> product since we really can't align ourselves to 80 different
>> workflows for 70 different products. :-)
> I agree and that's why KWin has both options. I see KWin here as a little bit
> a head of other projects - most do not use target milestones at all.
>
> In my opinion all projects should use target milestones for two reasons:
> 1. It's controlled vocabulary in opposite to free text
> 2. It can be set before the commit, which means it can be used for release
> planing and to inform the users when the fix will be there

But they can serve different purposes.
Target Milestone mainly for planning purposes (so the "Feature Plan").

Fixed In Version shows the real version were the bug has been fixed.

If you plan a fix for 4.10 and then you backport to 4.9.2, would you change
Target Milestone afterwards? Wouldn't it be better to keep TM to 4.10 and use
FiV to mark 4.9.2?

Regards
--
Luigi