QA Testing for 4.9.1

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Thu Aug 30 17:51:23 UTC 2012

> On 08/30/2012 07:56 AM, Martin Gräßlin wrote:
> >> So yeah it should be the same :-)
>
> Okay, but then KWin shouldn't be the only product following this
> workflow. Devs from other products should also reliably use the
> "Target Milestone" field (and preferably also the "Version Fixed In"
> field.
> Which of these two fields to use should also be the same for every
> product since we really can't align ourselves to 80 different
> workflows for 70 different products. :-)
I agree and that's why KWin has both options. I see KWin here as a little bit
a head of other projects - most do not use target milestones at all.

In my opinion all projects should use target milestones for two reasons:
1. It's controlled vocabulary in opposite to free text
2. It can be set before the commit, which means it can be used for release
planing and to inform the users when the fix will be there

But we won't change KDE at one day. That'll take time and I think the QA team
should first focus on very few projects (from looking over the threads I would
say telepathy, gwenview and kwin) to establish the workflow. Once everybody
agrees on it, it can be taken to the broader audience.

Cheers
Martin